1. What does my child need to wear?The attire for each child varies based on the class. The only class with a strict dress code are our levels 1 - 4 ballet classes. Click here to view the dress code.
2. Do you have a sibling discount? Does my child get a discount for taking more than one class?Yes, if you have two or more children taking classes you will receive 15% off your monthly tuition.
Multi-class discount is:
- 2 classes per week= $10.00 off per month
- 3 classes per week= $20.00 off per month.
- 4 or more classes per week (unlimited classes)= $145.00 per month.
3. Can I watch my child take class?Yes, we have a small observation window on the studio door. However, we understand that every parent wants to observe their child’s joy in learning inside the classroom. We offer four Parent Observation Days during the school year. The last fifteen minutes of class parents are invited to come and watch a performance. Observation weeks include:
- The week before Halloween (students can wear a costume)
- The week before Winter break
- The week of Valentine’s Day
- A week in April or May TBA
4. Will there be a recital? When will it be?Flying Colors has one dance recital performance a year in mid to late May on a Saturday. The younger performers (ages 2.5- 5 years) perform in a morning recital. Dress rehearsal is during their regularly scheduled classes the week before the recital. The older children ( 5 years and above) and the adult classes perform in an evening recital. Dress rehearsal is at the auditorium the night before the recital. The recital is held at San Benito High School Auditorium.
5. Will I need to buy a costume for my child’s recital? Will my child need to wear makeup?The recital is optional, however if you chose to perform in the recital you must purchase a costume. Each class performs their own routine with their own costume. The cost per costume is $60.00. The costume fee includes: 1 costume and accessories, 1 pair of tights and 2 recital tickets.
You have the option of paying the costume fee in full or paying in three monthly installments added to your monthly tuition. Costume fees are non-refundable and cannot be returned. However, the costume can be exchanged for a different size if needed. We will have a try on week in which the child will try on their costume during their regularly scheduled class time. Costumes will remain at the studio until they are packaged, pressed and paid for.
Yes, on stage performers need to wear makeup or their faces will appear washed out. Each dance (depending on your class) may require a different hairstyle. Makeup and hairstyle details will be sent home with your child’s costume.
6. Can my child take a class even if they do not perform in the recital?Yes, your child may take class and choose not to perform in the recital.
7. Why am I charged the same amount tuition on months with Holiday breaks?Tuition is based on the entire school year, prorated to account for Holidays. There are usually 35 weeks in the school year (NOT counting the holiday weeks). Tuition is based on per class cost multiplied by 35 weeks and divided by 9 monthly installment payments. If we charged tuition for the weeks we are on holiday, your monthly tuition would be based on a 39-week school year and would cost more.
8. When are the holidays that Flying Colors will be closed?Click here to see our Holiday schedule.
9. How much is tuition and what kind of payments do you accept?Flying Colors accepts cash, check or credit card. You can choose to pay in full or break up tuition into monthly installments. You can pay in the office, online, or sign-up for autopay.
School Year Prices in Full:
$340.00 - one 45 minute class per week
$425.00- one 60 minute class per week
Monthly Installment Payment Prices:
$40.00 per month- one 45 minute class per week
$50.00 per month- one 60 minute class per week
$55.00 per month- one 75 minute class per week
There is a DISCOUNT of $2.00 per month if you enroll in Autopay OR pay your tuition on or before the 7th of each month.
There is a LATE FEE of $5.00 if you pay after the 10th of each month.
Annual Registration Fee:
$15.00 - Individual
$25 - Family (2 or more students in the same family)
10. Since classes end in June are there any Summer classes or camps before the school year resumes iYes, Flying Colors is usually closed after the school year ends in June until the second week of July. Summer classes start the week after the 4th of July and end mid August. Flying Colors also offers Summer Camps with fun themes such as Superheroes, Paw Patrol, Princess, etc.
Click here for more information.
11. Does Flying Colors offer professional dance photos for parents to purchase?Yes, dance photos are taken in May before the recital. Only children participating in the dance recital are to participate in the photos. They are either taken here at the studio or at an outdoor location depending on weather. The students wear their full costume with makeup and accessories.
12. What is the difference between the Rainbow Tots classes and Prism Program classes?The Rainbow Tots classes are for children aged 2.5- 5 years of age. Classes for these ages include Creative Movement, Jazz/Ballet/Tap Combo, Princess Ballet, and Zumba Kids Jr.
Prism Program classes are for children ages 5 and up; classes include Zumba, Jazz, Ballet, Jazz/Ballet combo, Contemporary, and Tap.
13. Are there classes for babies or children younger than the Rainbow Tots classes (2.5- 5 years)?YES! Flying Colors offers INTELLIDANCE classes (parent participation) for children ages 3 months- 3.5 years of age. These classes are offered in 10 week sessions.
Classes include Intellidance Babies (3 to 11 months), Intellidance Tykes (1-2 years) and Intellidance Tots ( 2- 3.5 years).
Intellidance is a program that incorporates dance, music, and play.
Click here for more information.
Since the Intellidance classes are 10 week sessions the price is $100.00 for the whole session which includes 1 class per week for 10 weeks.
14. Does Flying Colors offer any classes for adults?Yes! Check our schedule f or current Adult class offerings. Adult classes are in 8 week sessions. The price is $80.00 for the whole session which includes 1 class per week for 8 weeks or adults can drop in for $12.00. Adult classes are 18 years of age and up.
15. If my child misses a class can my child make it up?Yes, if your child misses a class they may make it up in another class that is appropriate for their age and ability level. At anytime during the school year or during their currently enrolled session.
16. Do you offer trial classes?Yes, call or email us to sign-up for a FREE trial class!
17. If my child enrolls later in the month will I be charged for the whole month?No, you will only be charged for the classes you take that month.
18. Do you sell dance shoes and attire?Yes, we have a store behind our lobby. We sell jazz, ballet, and tap shoes, as well as a variety of dancewear including; dresses, tutus, leotards, tights, skirts, shirts, sweaters and accessories.
19. Do you offer scholarships or Financial aide?We offer scholarships every year to two students selected by the Flying Colors staff.
We accept funding from the Dream Catcher program. Check here for more information: http://sbccab.wixsite.com/cab1/our-services
We are partnered with CASA and Brent Redmond Transportation to provide free dance classes to foster children participating in the CASA program. See your CASA advocate for more information.
We also have a shoe rental program for students who can’t afford dance shoes. Rental shoes are first come first served and cost $5.00 for the school year.